- So let me get this right. You Merricans go and vote for how you would like some bloke you don’t know to vote on your behalf as a collective. That bloke then looks at the votes, decides whether he likes your choice then he sticks his head out of the window to check to see which way the wind is blowing. Then he calls his mum, checks how cold a collection of stones feel, does a little dance and then he casts his vote regardless of how you guys tell him to vote….And that’s how you elect someone to power? Crikey you lot don’t half like to complicate things…..
- I was watching Star Trek Voyager tonight. It was the one where Harry Kim starts to change genetically and is seduced by a planet populated entirely by women. The bad guys keep insisting that Harry stay with them as he could be very happy there. This of course has him suspicious. It reminded my of the 1970’s children’s TV drama Children of the Stone where everyone in the village is happy and the protagonists become suspicious of why everyone is so happy. Turns out that if you are “happy” you’re under the control of some nutter. This got me thinking. Why is it that we perceive happiness in others as something to be suspicious about or something to fear? Yet isn’t happiness what we all pursue?
- KFC is very greasy. It is also nearly impossible to consume while driving.
- Some people are very strange and frequently confusing.
- Councils nationally seem to have entered into a period of “Stupid Road works”. I journeyed into Uni this morning avoiding my usual route which currently has 2 sets of road works and temporary traffic lights which cause tailbacks for miles. Instead I took the alternative route into Uni where I discovered 3 sets of road works. WTF?
- Eating oranges or satsumas is a good way to combat nicotine cravings.